The Children's Burn Foundation Presents Fire Safety

Supported by our local fire department, the Children's Burn Foundation presented an interactive play with students on the importance of fire safety.  The importance of smoke detectors, and a home fire escape plan were shared.  Students were also taught how to react if they encounter smoke or fire in  their home or on themselves.  This is very timely emergency preparedness as we get ready for the holiday season.  Inspector Danger reminded us all if you are going to have a Christmas tree in your home this holiday be sure to water it each day.  Keep it away from an exit (window or door), away from candles and fireplaces, and always be sure to unplug the lights each night.